Saturday, December 10, 2011

A Bold Plan!


I have lots of plans, but I just wonder if they'll work out the way I want them to.

One of these plans is to start up a blog for one purpose: introduce budding Malaysian writers to the world. I even thought up of the name for the blog: Writer's Block.

LOL. Well, I might think of another name. It's still work in progress, after all.

And hey, it might just work.

All I need are (a lot of) volunteers: people who can help administrate the blog, add content, update the blog regularly, plus sponsors, editors, proof readers, subject matter experts, academic professionals, and of course a steady stream of future authors to contribute their work regularly.

All are welcome to help out whatever way they can. And it'd be great if you can pull in some sponsors and even real authors to give some help and publicity. I think I'll contact the Star and see if they can lend a hand, too. Fingers crossed.

Once the blog is up and running, then we can start spreading word of it to friends, family and whoever wants to contribute. Heck, someday somebody's piece might expand to become a Pulitzer Prize-winning novel!

And when more support is given, we can expand and accomodate more activities: workshops, seminars, public activities - I mean, who knows what might just crop up? I'm thinking setting up a fund for the poor and underprivileged communities, book fairs, book giveaways; the possibilities are endless!

Of course, small steps first.

Now you must be asking why I want to do this. There's a temptation to reply "Why, cannot ah?" but of course, that doesn't explain anything. Well, it just got me thinking: I'm definitely not the only one who wants to write novels as good as King, Ludlum, Lovecraft (I mean, why not?), Clancy, Adams, Clarke and many others. There are lots of others whose writing prowess is waiting to be revealed. So why not start a platofmr for them? There haven't really been many initiatives that I know of, and most of them basically involve getting more people to read, or competitions organized in school. (Sorry, I haven't done much research on this at the time of publication >< guilty as charged!) So maybe this may just open up new windows for these people.

Yeah, I really am quite fired up for this. But I can imagine that it won't be easy. But even if simple men and women can think of revolutionary new ideas that have successfully made the world better, why can't I?

So if any one of you are willing to contribute, PLEASE do! It might just give us a chance at changing things for the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you have to say about my posts? Leave your comments here. You can be open, but please, no vulgar language. Thanks!

Penguins!

Followers