Change
Change is a constant
Change is unpredictable
Change is crucial
How many of us
How many deny its worth
In this growing world?
Is not change
The very tool that brought us
To where we are now?
Change is good
Change is bad
Change comes
But how you change
Is your choice alone
We embrace change
But
Only in the most dire of situations
When hope seems lost
But can we encourage change
By other means?
Through our own belief
That change is good?
How much do we change?
Do we go for
A major reshuffle
Or go with
Removing just the bad eggs?
What needs short-term change?
What needs long-term change?
What needs repair?
What needs continuity?
There are many advocates
Who call for change
They come in numbers
As they cry out for
A change in the government
To a change in lifestyle
For the environment's sake
Oh, everyone believes
Change will make things better
Is not change important?
Certainly so
But are we willing to?
I believe
Change is a must
To adapt
In a cruel world
That teeters on the edge
Of self-destruction
But to change completely
One must have faith
And perseverance
To go on this long road
Change is never easy
But successful change
Pays in dividends
A worthwhile investment
In the long run
I am an example of change
I have seen my life
Turn around
For the better
Although
There are yet still hurdles
To be overcome
And inner demons
To battle with
But I cannot give in
Never can I admit defeat
For if I do
It will be my undoing
The chance the Devil needs
To damn my soul for eternity
In the bowels of Hell
Can I give him that chance?
NEVER
So I pen it all down
Steeling my resolve
Strengthen my faith
Strengthen my beliefs
Hold fast to my principles
Become who I want to be
Become a successful changed man
Become
Who I truly am
No comments:
Post a Comment
So what do you have to say about my posts? Leave your comments here. You can be open, but please, no vulgar language. Thanks!