"So
Have you figured it out?"
A sudden question
From the stranger
On a beautiful afternoon
As the train passes
Wonderful sights
Of the prairies
"What are we talking about?"
I ask him
Too many things on my mind
"What it was
I asked you to ponder
In my absence"
He replied
Matter-of-factly
Sitting down
Next to Harley
Eager to play with the stranger
"Ah, I remember that
All too well
I have given much thought
But up until now
I don't know
What would give me an answer
That would satisfy me"
The stranger nodded
Dangling a string
In front of Harley
Who is always so keen
In playing cute games
Like this
"I don't have an answer either
It's something
You have to find out
Yourself
I don't have to repeat myself, don't I?
Offering you advice
Does not mean
You should follow it
You are not bound to my words
Or that of others
Merely choose what you feel
Is the right advice
And use it well"
"But I don't know
If my choice is right"
I voice my concerns
The stranger continues
To play with Harley
"Nobody ever made
The right choice
So easily
Unless it's their luck
Have you?
Look back on your life
All it means
Is that you are still learning"
Truth
While it pains me
To remember how awful
Those times were
They serve as reminders
Not to return to such a state
Ever
"So what about now?"
He asked
His eyes gazing into mine
Almost as if
He could see my future
"What does your heart say?"
I shrug
"I don't really know"
I admit
"Part of me
Refuses to believe
While the remainder
Has faith
That it will be alright
That it would work out
The way I hope it would"
"Cling onto that hope,"
Says he
"But not too tightly
It may not go as planned
But at least
You can proudly tell yourself
You conquered your fears
And nothing changed
For the worse
Tread lightly
For you tread on thin ice"
"You are likened
To be on a ship
On perilous
And fickle
Waters
You are its captain
Much like how you conduct this train
And your every choice
Decides
Your survival
Or your demise
On the high seas"
"Would you finally
Complete this puzzle?
Would you continue
To find the missing pieces?
Would you surrender
And never attempt this again?
Would it be too late
To regret the choices made?
I do not know
Either one of these
May happen
And that
Will ultimately
Decide the next chapter of your life."
"Plan accordingly,"
He adds
Stroking Harley on his head
"Because tomorrow carries forward
What today went through
Do not blind yourself
To the larger truth
Do not feel ashamed
By the mistakes you made
Simply
Be full of hope
For hope
Is all that Man has left"
The wind blows
From an open window
One I thought I had locked
But I look round again
And the stranger is gone
Gone
With the wind
Hence, the open window
I stand up
And shut it tight
Sighing
Harley looking up at me
With his cute looks
He must wonder
Where the stranger has gone
I pick up the kitten
Stroking his chin
"He will be back"
I whisper
Though I doubt he understands
I put him down on the seat
Just as my phone began to ring
The call
I had expected
(Had I?)
I smile
And remind myself
How Fate is so fickle
So I pen it all down
And keep his words at heart
Someday
I will be complete
Someday
No comments:
Post a Comment
So what do you have to say about my posts? Leave your comments here. You can be open, but please, no vulgar language. Thanks!