Got problems? Everybody faces one or more every day.
But trying to share them to a friend or loved one? To us, that's a herculean task.
What really prevents us from sharing our deepest - and sometimes, darkest - secrets, mostly those involving ourselves? Is it our ego? Our selfishness? The very fact no one can be trusted? Is it really hard to be honest with another to find a solution to our problems?
The way I see it, having others come to terms with our problems might not seem a plausible choice. Like I said, everyone has problems. Even if we wanted to shed light on our internal crises, could they be of help? As There is a quote: "Everyone you meet is fighting a battle." There are some times when reinforcements may not be the sole reason a battle is won. In the end, the good fight has to come from within.
I admit that I can't help approaching my friends for answers to my questions. I do it often, because the answers I provide are inconclusive. My peers may just provide me with the details I need to get on the right track. And I can tell you now that I don't always come clean with my own family. They are already burdened with other matters revolving around the family.
Up to one point in my life, I've been doing a heck load of griping and complaining. I was a pessimist those days. (And I still think I haven't resolved this fully) But it dawned on me that everyone is fighting a battle. It's not always about myself. (Though I can tell you I still have difficulty in trying to turn old habits around. Kinda like teaching an old dog new tricks) If I had kept myself from expanding my horizons, I may have become an introvert.
So I try to change. It's no easy task, but one needs to try.
But problems are a part of life. As much as I hate to sound like a hypocrite (or something else), it's inescapable. And not to mention a crucial piece in our self-development. Don't laugh at that. It's true. Ask any successful person and he/she will tell you they had to go through numerous learning experiences or opportunities of growth to reach where they are now. What they don't mention is that they never use the term "failure" to describe their experience.
Shouldn't we change our attitudes to problems?
While I don't deny some problems may be too much to handle, or may be too sensitive to be shared, at least have the perseverance and the willpower to stand up to them. If you really can't make it on your own, then by all means hesitate not to ask a friend to help you.
Shouldn't we be standing side by side through hardship?
I leave that final thought to you. Cheers all.
No comments:
Post a Comment
So what do you have to say about my posts? Leave your comments here. You can be open, but please, no vulgar language. Thanks!