Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Entries

The train yet moves
And I sit there
Enjoying a drink
Taking in the views
Outside the window

"It's so beautiful out there," she says
A smile creased on her lips
She took me by the hand
"Can we go out there?
And play in the snow?
I've always wanted to"

I smiled widely
She was hard to resist
"Of course," I told her
And she giggled
The way she always does

Never did I expect
To find myself in the company
Of a new friend
The stranger had long gone
On his ride
I wonder how he is now

But Time has gone by
So quickly
I vaguely recall the day
I met him
But now she's here
She's here to keep me happy
And calm
And contented
And to me
That would suffice

Outside
Time almost seemed
Non-existent
As we built snowmen
Pelted each other with snowballs
Riding on a sled
Laughing all the way

The aurora came up at night
And we sat
Around the campfire
Birdsongs heard in the woods
We sat there
In silence
As nature unveiled her beauty

"I wish everyday was like this"
She whispered in my ear
As she drifted into sleep
"I wish for the same," I tell her
We sat there
As the day faded to a close

Morning light
As the train moves on
Alone I am now
As the view blurs past
She's gone
She's gone now
But Life has to go on

Always did she say
"Greener pastures are out there
And I hope to lay there
In the grass
As the breeze blows softly
From dawn to dusk"

I guess
She has gone to look
For those greener pastures
Would she be back?
I have my doubts
Life is all too short
To expect anything
The least I can do now
Is to keep going on

So I pen it all down
And I make sure
I cherish these memories
Cherish our memories
Cherish

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you have to say about my posts? Leave your comments here. You can be open, but please, no vulgar language. Thanks!

Penguins!

Followers