Thursday, April 28, 2011

Entries

The train has slowed
Slowed so much
It almost feels
Like I'm not moving

I sit there
All alone in the cabin
Save the little kitten
Sleeping in my lap
A little companion to keep me warm
Courtesy of the stranger
"May it charm you with its antics"

It's raining outside
The pitter patter of the rain
Muffled
As it hits the window
And the roof
It echoes
All around me

I place Harley
(As it was named)
Next to me
As I stood up
And walked out of the cabin

The conductor tells me
The train's low on fuel
And to make sure it didn't run out
Had to slow down
Slow down
To almost a crawl
"Least I can do," he adds

The conductor
A fresh new face
I've only traded few words
With him initially
But he seemed
A nice person
One I might be able
To confide in
Might, of course

I pat him on the back
He looks at me
His eyes gazing intently
He asks me
"May I ask a question?"
I am surprised
But I nod

"I am your conductor
To help you see the journey
To help you plot the course
Across this endless landscape
And I tell you now
I don't believe in Fate
Or the fact
Fate deals the cards"

I chuckle
"Fate?" I say
"I didn't realize
You knew me so well
But I do think Fate
Is unpredictable
That maybe
Every move we make
Even if it is not what we planned to
Has all been planned
By Fate"

He smiled
"I'm supposed to
But Fate
Only controls us
If we let it"

It almost seemed
Like the stranger was here
With me right now
A lingering sense
Of deja vu

"Look, the road ahead is tough
I can tell you that
And I know you know
Very well
But all we need
Is faith
Do you have faith?"

I sighed
"Of course
But it's not strong enough"

The conductor smiled
He brought his hand out
"Then have faith
In me
And we'll go far
You and I
Hand in hand
Not just as companions
But as brothers
Brothers-in-arms
For I have faith in you
So why not?"

His move truly surprised me
But he was genuine
I could tell
He was a rare gem
He was unique
And he was one
I could confide in
Not 'might' anymore

So I took his hand
"Why not?"
I replied
And we laughed together
Two brothers-in-arms

Much later
The train was back on track
Now I sit in my cabin
Not alone
Harley pawing
At a ball of yarn
Me and the conductor
Sharing a joke or two
Sharing stories
As Life went on by

So I pen it all down
And I make sure
I treasure this bond of faith
Treasure our bond of faith
Treasure

I told him
"I forgot
To ask for your name"
The conductor smiled
"How forgetful of me
In all the revelry
I forget the most important thing of all"
He patted me firmly
On the shoulder
His grin still wide
"Just call me RJ"

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you have to say about my posts? Leave your comments here. You can be open, but please, no vulgar language. Thanks!

Penguins!

Followers