Saturday, December 11, 2010

Another Little Reminder

When I had breakfast with my mom and grandma at the hawker centre behind the Town Hall, one of the many drinks waiters from one particular stall came to our table to clean up. Mind you, we'd already ordered our drinks from another stall - so when the waiter asked if we wanted anything, our answer would definitely be 'No'.

As I expected, her trip to clean our table and remove the empty glasses on it were immediately abandoned. The glasses remained, and the table was still (a little) dirty. "Sour grapes," as my mom put it. I almost laughed at the thought of it.

C'mon, can't you just do a little clean-up? Just because we're not ordering from you doesn't mean we don't like your food or anything. I swear, you can never ever find customer service in any hawker centre. The phrase is totally non-existent, really. Well, unless you're a foreign traveller, because the thing about us Malaysians is that we do things better to international guests than to their own people. So much for unity and harmony as one.

Moral of the story? Don't be bitter over even the triflest of matters. It's not going to help you at all. As with the case above, we're definitely going to remember that stall for the rest of our lives!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you have to say about my posts? Leave your comments here. You can be open, but please, no vulgar language. Thanks!

Penguins!

Followers