Monday, December 20, 2010

Mere Words?

Another incident to share, I have.

The LaSallian Friends in Touch were emphasizing on a youth project that aims to have a memorandum signed by several thousand youth (online) sent to the Ministry of Education in order to make certain important changes in the current education system as well as other matters pertaining to the youth. (Check it out here) Knowing the significance of this action, I decided to sign it as well and play my part for the greater good of the younger generation.

So after I did so, I decided to flip through the list of those who already signed their names. When I checked it there were about 200 plus names including mine, and some names reminded me of some of you readers. I wonder if those really are your names. I'm guessing it's a yes from all of you. So anyway, as I was flipping through the list I couldn't help but notice one person - who I shall name A - had attached a comment along these lines: "B, please see me in my office."

I was surprised. What could possibly lead to that being posted on the memorandum? I could only tell that A must be some person of authority and had noticed some comment that seemed to offend A. So I scrolled through the list till finally I found the cause: seems that B was criticizing A for putting a lot of strain onto B's class with loads and loads of assignments to do. There I found out A is a lecturer. And I almost laughed at the whole situation.

Moral of the story? Watch your words on the Net, because you'll never know when you'd have to eat them. After all, we live in a borderless world - and sooner or later someone is going to find out about what you say or do in the World Wide Web. For Heaven's sake, can't you just keep it to yourself or open some private log or something so you can rant all you want? Why go public?

Sigh. People are really an amusing bunch.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you have to say about my posts? Leave your comments here. You can be open, but please, no vulgar language. Thanks!

Penguins!

Followers