When I typed this post I had just come back from helping my mum out with some work. Mind you, the notes I publish are all scheduled posts. So the original post which I typed was done at about 11.43 pm on Friday, the 26th of November 2010 AD. Yes, you read right. And believe me, as tired as I may be now, I can't say that I'm glad I helped her out.
Most times, kids would usually gripe when their parents ask them for their help with something, be it a chore or something involving their work. I admit I did complain before, but now I see the big picture: when we help our parents we shouldn't see it as something that hinders us or is an annoyance. Instead we should be happy to help them, because we're technically repaying a bit of the deeds they've done for us as a child growing up. We always end up taking our parents for granted, and we never really show them gratitude for taking care of us since our birth. It's high time we changed that.
Why should we be complaining anyway? When we're young, it's normal to do it because we don't know about the burdens we carry. But as we age and we learn and mature, we should recognize that our parents did all their best to give us what we have today. Let's not take into account those who were abused by their parents. I will address that in a later post. The fact is, our parents worked so hard to do all they can to give us a good life, good education, and loads more. Now that we're older, we should do all we can to repay their kindness and their care for us. Be it treating them more nicely, buying lunch and dinner everyday, or maybe taking them somewhere for some quality family time, we need to show them our thanks for their love and affection, and all the sacrifices they've made for us.
Family comes first. It's good that we have Father's and Mother's Day celebrations. But we need to make every day Family Day. Think about it.
Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment
So what do you have to say about my posts? Leave your comments here. You can be open, but please, no vulgar language. Thanks!