I'd like to add to certain things I've said in my post "Part VII of Friendship Eternal: Mending Bridges."
When I mentioned how a simple "Hello" can mean a lot more to a person, I forgot to take into account the overusage of the greeting nowadays. Well, yeah, hellos are part of life as well as signifying a person's polite behavior. But because it's become a common term within the community, even if a person intends to show he cares in one simple "Heya" or "Hi there", some people may not see the underlying message. In some cases, people will notice the difference. But such occurences are a rarity nowadays, except in sudden situations.
We all want to help our friends get back on their feet when they're down, don't we? But if time cannot permit you to give them strong moral support then what can you do rather than say hi?
Well, a light pat on the back or a warm handshake wouldn't hurt. You can do one of these within a few seconds (depending on the other person as well) and then get on with whatever you have to do. And make sure it's genuine too! False motivation can easily be detected (especially sensitive people), and that might not help in any way at all. When you give them generously, they can feel it flow from you and into them, like chi energy.
Another thing would be about rebuilding bridges you have burned; meaning friendships that were around but didn't stay long - mostly due to some problem involving both parties. It's normal to hear of such things happening. But if I were you, many problems don't last forever. You can't always hold a grudge on someone for even an eternity. When these things happen, there are two possibilities to its resolution: both go their separate ways, or they come back to each other apologetically. Me, if I ever have this problem again, I'd want to settle with the latter option.
Most of the time, when we have problems with others it usually takes some time (even up to a few years) before both sides can mend ties again. The fact is, we need to stop putting the blame on each other or the friendship will suffer a great loss. Seriously, we need to take it easy for a bit! We're only pulling ourselves into a black hole where there is no hope for return if we continue hating others. Sure, you may have face problems with him or her; you both may not see eye to eye almost all the time; etc. But how about if it was YOU that's the problem itself? Ah-ha, you might just be Bob/Bobbie!
No one can always see eye to eye on anything. Which is why most arguments begin - because of our differences. Step into their shoes, and you may understand why they see things from their perspective. So it is advised that everyone must solve problems TOGETHER and seeing it through the eyes of another. Tolerance is better than avoidance, after all.
Look, I know it's not easy to do this. But let's take me. I have some issues with my father, and it pains me to see him wage a psychological conflict with my mum. I don't know what caused him to change, but this change isn't making him any better, nor is it making my mum's life any different either. Except lots of resentment and distrust with him now. But in the end, in spite of the fact I hate him, I will have to forgive him. It's a bit of an irony, but it gets the job done. Even though he's bullying the family, digging through our stuff when we're not at home, and all sorts of stuff. But no matter how much I despise him and his kind, forgiveness is bound to creep in.
God never asked us to be resentful and hateful to one another. If our purpose is to generate hate, we're not going to get anywhere save a closer distance to the realm of eternal suffering. Every person (except conmen) deserves the chance to make a difference in the most honest and capable way possible.
Spend some time thinking these through, and give me your comments too please.
Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment
So what do you have to say about my posts? Leave your comments here. You can be open, but please, no vulgar language. Thanks!